SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. – The Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless (TCH) is seeking proposals for its Bear’s Den rehabilitation project. The motel, located at 2250 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, was purchased by TCH along with two other motels with funds from the Homekey Project in early 2021.
Bear’s Den needs electrical panel replacement and wiring
installation of a smoke/CO detector.
TCH is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to solicit proposals for an electrical upgrade, combination smoke and carbon monoxide detector/alarm and installation on its 2244/2250 Lake Tahoe Blvd property.
TCH seeks proposals from qualified, competent and experienced electrical companies to remove old wiring and install new electrical panels and wiring in accordance with the latest National Electrical Codes (NEC). This also includes combination smoke and carbon monoxide alarms that are both hard-wired and tamper-proof. The wiring must be permanent and without disconnect switches other than those required for overcurrent protection. Combination units must comply with California Residential Code §R314.5. Combination alarms in R-2.2 units must receive their main power from building wiring and must be equipped with battery backup. Placement locations must comply with California Residential Code §R314.3.3 specific location requirements.
The property includes 19 studios, 4 T1, 1 T2, commercial
laundry room, commercial kitchen, and small restaurant area, and 4 storage spaces
● Rewiring of all units
● Install a new main panel and three subpanels.
● Demo of old circuits to allow updating of wires in units
● Each unit will have a minimum of 60 amps
● Installed three new circuits per room
— One for general and lighting and two dedicated
–Power outlets – Added a light switch in each living room and a surface mount lamp
–Added a light switch in each bathroom and a surface mount light
● Addition of a ventilation fan and a hygrostat in each bathroom
● GFI to be installed in bathrooms and kitchen spaces with proper grounding
● Addition of a clock and rewiring of the sconces outside the rooms
● Hardwired combination smoke and carbon monoxide detector/alarm (a total of 36 units combined)
● Electrical Permit with City of South Lake Tahoe All work will meet NEC code requirements
Planned schedule of activities
Submit proposal: July 27, 2022
Open sealed proposal: July 29, 2022
Evaluation of proposals and pre-selection of companies: July 29, 2022
Interview of shortlisted companies: August 1, 2022
Choose a firm: August 2, 2022
Issue award notice/sign contracts: August 2, 2022
For more information, please visit: https://tahoehomeless.org/rfp-projects/
Send your submissions to [email protected]